Thursday, March 04, 2010

Fruit Propagation Fair 2010

Ahhh! I didn't want to post again today, but I decided that it was important to mention the Fruit Propagation Fair, since it's taking place this Saturday at the Washington County Fairgrounds. Obviously, this is only for locals, or those visiting the area, but it seems like a good way to learn about fruit frees and how to graft them. Don't know if I'll make it, but I'm going to try. Cost is $6 for non-HOS-members. Further details here.


Also, this video is a good introduction to grafting:


Let me know if you've read any of these books on grafting, and if you've had any luck with them. In any case, you'll need a grafting knife and grafting tape., as shown in the video.

Last post today, I promise.

Hopefully I'll make it to the fair, see some of you there, and bring back some practical skills that I can share with everyone.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...