Sunday, March 14, 2010

Can you name these wild plants?

Because I can't.

These are plants I found during a recent trek through a local patch of woods. I photographed all of the different plants I found, and have posted most of them here.


This looks like it might be a species from the genus Rumex. Anything thoughts?


This also looks similar to some Rumex species, but I can't find anything identical. Likely a different genus, but don't know.


This looks like either a nettle or a clearweed. I know of a quick, if uncomfortable, way to find out. Don't know for sure though.

A fern, obviously. I think a sword fern from what I've been able to find. No guarantees though.




Those are all of the guesses I have. Anybody else want to take a stab?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...