Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A home, home on the range...

I haven't been good about updating the ol' blog. Really, I haven't had much reason. It's been a busy several months, with it being my senior year and all. I've only got a few months left. And those months have been devoid of greenery. Except for the handful of weeds I grew for my tortoise, Avicenna, I haven't had anything to do with a plant since, well, this summer, when I did landscaping work for my roommates mother... but she was an idiot savant, and forced me to take part in some of the most horrid gardening faux pas ever. But I digress (pretty common for me, I know).

I was dreaming with a friend today, however. We have tentative plans to move the the SF Bay Area. I'm anxious to move away from Oregon... a place I've always lived, and a place where I understand the climate and the soil... but the end result is the important thing. The end result? I'll be living with her, her husband, and another friend: I'll be forest gardening, and cheffing it up. Where we're getting the money? I don't know. But having 4+ of us should help. And I'm hoping to have produced something book-length before I graduate, and then crossing my fingers about having it published. I could finally be living the dream.

That's really all the update I have... found a nice place with about 3 acres, but obviously we aren't ready to move yet. It'll be another year and a have. But I'll try to be more diligent about posting. I will be working at B St. Farm for one last term... I'll be taking two classes out there. And then I'll probably do some WWOOFing while my friend finishes her masters. Crossing my fingers. Wish me luck.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...