Thursday, January 21, 2010

Environmental eating: Dumpster diving and entomophagy

Since I've been on a "what you eat matters" kick, and since I won't be able to post anything long and involved until after Monday, I thought I'd post this recording of the Tyra Banks Show which stars David "the bug man" Gracer of Small Stock Foods, and someone named Jean (no last name is given), who is a dumpster diver. I know some dumpster divers, but haven't done much myself, and never for food. Maybe dumpster diving will be on my list of things to do, and then I'll be able to post something more informed on the subject (although, ultimately, I'd like to be pushing people away from a society where there's so much waste that dumpster diving is practical). Who knows. I can say that John Hoffman's Dumpster Diving: The Advanced Course was a pretty informative read, but it's been a few years now and I don't remember many of the details.

But, without further ado, I'll give you the video:






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...