Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Before I go to bed: woodland gardens, perennial vegetables

Just want to post these links really quick. I'll have to do a follow up on them later, since it's past my bedtime.

The first is a link to DiscountPermaculture.com. I'm skeptical of most websites that have "discount" in the name, but they do offer some plants that I've seen nowhere else, including a plant called "Tsi," which supposedly does well in full shade. Might be handy for a woodland garden...

Which is what the other link concerns. It's a list of plants that do well in woodland/forest gardens, including a number of plants that do well in full or partial shade (always something I'm on the lookout for, as growing edible things under trees is a good way to maximize one's use of space). The list is provided by Plants For A Future, which is developing/maintaining a list of edible/medicinal plants--very helpful.

Until next time...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...