Sunday, May 09, 2010

Baarter: New website links people who have stuff with people who want stuff

The three R's come in order of importance: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. That said, one can see the important role that bartering can play in keeping things out of landfills. Baarter.com makes it easy.          




Being a big fan of bartering myself (every piece of furniture I have was free or traded for) I was excited to stumble across Baarter.com. I haven't made trades through the site yet, but I'm glad the emphasis is on bartering rather than buying and selling. If you have something you want to get rid of, or if you have something you're trying to find, I suggest you check it out.

Of course, the old standbys are Craigslist and Freecycle. The problem with Craigslist is the emphasis is on buying and selling (not that there's anything wrong with that, it just isn't as conducive to bartering). And while it's awesome to nab something free from Freecycle, they don't allow buying, selling, or trading if that's what interests you, and there are quite a few people on there just begging for stuff. I have had considerable success with both of them, both in finding stuff and in finding new homes for stuff I don't need anymore, but I'm glad to add Baarter to my list of resources.

If you have any other good sites for bartering put them in the comments.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...